Sweet and Savory South End Food & Walking Tour
Fun. One Bite at a Time.
The rich history and renowned culinary scene found in Boston’s South End provide the perfect ingredients for a fun and memorable walking food tour. Enjoy a sensory experience as you hear the modern day and historical stories and secrets, see the beautiful architectural details, and taste and smell the local food specialties of this vibrant neighborhood.
What to Expect from the South End Tour
Delicious Food Tastings - The Sweet and Savory South End Walking Food Tour takes place in Boston’s historic South End neighborhood. You’ll taste local favorites from 6 South End eateries including chef-inspired sandwiches, a creatively concocted cookie, and the iconic New England fried clam, to name a few. You’ll also learn how these local establishments came to be, who owns them and some fun and interesting stories they have to share. The food sampled on the tour is included in the price of your ticket and is enough for a satisfying lunch. Tasting Locations are listed and described to the right.
Neighborhood Nourishment - On top of delicious food tastings, you’ll also enjoy a hearty helping of historical, architectural and cultural information about the South End neighborhood. You’ll see some beautifully planned Victorian bowfront communities, learn about the cultural development of the area, and hear some fascinating facts about some of the South End’s sites and famous residents. Our Sweet & Savory South End Walking Food Tour is full of food, facts, and fun!
Who Should Take The South End Food Tour?
If you enjoy delicious food, walking, and getting off the beaten path, our guided South End walking food tour is perfect for you! Whether you are a native Bostonian, new to the city, or just visiting, this tour is a one-of-a-kind way to experience the South End. The Sweet and Savory South End tour provides the chance to try 6 local eateries and gain new insight into the historical, architectural and cultural elements of the South End while exploring the neighborhood by foot.
Ready To Buy Tickets?
Are you ready to partake in the fun, the facts, and the food on the Sweet and Savory South End Walking Food Tour? You can purchase tickets through Zerve by clicking the “Buy Tickets” button below or by calling (800) 979-3370 or (212) 209-3370. We can’t wait for you to join us on this delicious adventure!
- When: Thursday, Saturday & Sunday, April through November
- Time: Tours depart daily at 12noon and last 3 hours
- Cost: $48 per person + tax
- What's Included: All food tastings, enough for lunch
- Who: All who enjoy, walking, learning and eating!
- Capacity: 16 people per tour
- Wear: Comfortable clothing and shoes. Please bring rain gear if wet weather is predicted.
- Weather: Tour takes place rain or shine
- Where: Tour meets near Massachusetts Ave. and Tremont Street. Exact location provided at time of ticket purchase.
- Delicious food specialties are served on the Tour Boston’s South End (subject to change):
- Parish Cafe American restaurant featuring sandwiches created by renowned Boston chefs (Est. 1992)
- Orinoco Kitchen A Latin kitchen inspired by family-run Venezuelan eateries (Est. 2006)
- Flour Bakery Popular local bakery and cafe with mouth-watering pastries and delicious sandwiches (Est. 2000)
- Morse Fish Company Boston's oldest fish market (Est. 1903)
- South End Formaggio Purveyor of fine meats, cheeses, wines and specialty products (Est. 1999)
- Vejigantes Restaurant Local neighborhood eatery serving authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine (Est. 2012)